Monday, July 9, 2012

Progress made!


We are just finishing up a heat wave. We had way too many days of excessive heat warnings which included dew points in the 70s and temps in the 90s and we were even over 100 a couple of days. We are finally cooling off and are in the 80s again. 

To keep cool I’ve been spending a lot of time sitting beneath a fan with my feet up and stitching. I finished the model I was stitching and it has made its way back to the designer. It should be ready soon for sale to the shops so look for my photos in another post.

I’ve been working on my sampler design for the EGA Master Craftsman program in Counted Thread. I finished that this weekend and will select my thread colors today so I can get started on it. It needs to be sent in for evaluation between September 15 and October 1.

I mentioned in an earlier post that I finished my very first pair of knitted socks. I really liked doing them and had my friend, Susan, help me a couple of times when I was stumped with the directions. I think they turned out nicely for my first attempt. I used a self patterning yarn which makes it look nice without the bother of changing yarn colors.


I also worked this very simple pincushion from a kit I purchased from another stitcher in my guild. 


I continued work on my huge flag…



…and I started to stitch on a cute piece from Little House Needleworks. It is a scissor “bed” that also has a matching scissor fob. The blue included with the kit is quite a bit lighter than what is shown in the pattern photo so I will rip out what I stitched and redo it in a blue to match the little bed. I'll post a photo update once I have the color changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment