Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Books and stitching...


Have you read any of the books in the Cobbled Court series? I just finished the third book and so far have enjoyed them. The series is by Marie Bostwick. I believe she is up to number five in the series. The series focuses on a woman who must begin anew after her husband of many years leaves her for a younger woman. The stories take place in a quilt shop in a small community. The first book dealt with breast cancer and the second book with spousal abuse, both pretty heavy topics. The third book focused on marriage and a woman’s choices in life. In spite of their more serious nature, they are a pretty quick read.

In addition to reading, I’ve been making up a couple of things for my little three year old granddaughter. She is currently smitten with the Berenstain Bears so I bought some fabric featuring them and made a pillowcase she can use while she is “reading” their stories. I used the instructions from American Patchwork & Quilting which can be found here. I liked their method because you end up with seams that won’t fray.

My last post showed our EGA chapter teaching teens embroidery while making a jean pocket purse. I made one for my granddaughter using the colors she chose. It worked up very quickly and is a fun project to do.


I also continued work on my sampler. The outside border is complete!


This weekend I will be on a two day bus shop hop trip. It is the annual Minnesota Statewide Quilt Shop Hop. My friend and I will visit eleven shops in two days, but more on that later!

No comments:

Post a Comment