Monday, March 12, 2012

On to Spring!

Remember that snow I told you about? Well, it has pretty much melted away. We’ve had temps in the 50s and 60s and are expecting 70s by week’s end! But, this is March so snow could still happen.

I had one finish this last week, my Lady's Trimkeep by Plum Street Samplers from the Attic Sampler Symposium. I filled it with crushed walnut shells. They give it some weight, don’t have an odor and are pretty inexpensive. They are easy to find at your local pet supply store. Look in the bird section for litter. Get that look off your face! Seriously, look for the bird litter. The crushed walnut shells come in two sizes. I purchased a 7 pound bag for under $12, including tax. That will fill a LOT of pincushions!! 

I really like the colors of the trim pieces. It was a fast stitch and easy to finish.
I also worked a little on my Mary Wigham and Elizabeth Talledo/Finger Work's Whale Hunting, but not enough to show any real progress. Instead, I decided to show you a few pictures of my “feather” tree decorations. In the spring I hang the cross stitch carrots I made a couple of years ago. They are from the Cricket Collection. I also hang the hand painted eggs I purchased in Germany a number of years ago. They were quite expensive but I decided to splurge as I hadn’t seen anything like them in the US. They are made from real eggs that have been blown out. I bought 6 of them and was given a half dozen egg carton for them. I keep waiting for one of them to break, but so far, so good!






Last year a friend sent me a link for embroidering on blown out egg shells. I thought I might try it this year but now that I am looking at all of the many projects I’m working on I may have to skip it. Here’s the link in case you would like to try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment