This was another busy week. Had a great time with our daughter who was here for a long weekend to visit her niece. Even with the trip to The Mall, Como and the train museum I found time to do a little stitching.
Grandbaby number two is due to arrive in just over a month so I’ve been back to work on the baby quilt. I have almost half of the background stitching finished.
I’ve also finished the first lesson for our Dresden Garden group correspondence course. This lesson focused on doing a padded satin stitch in the center of the flowers and a reverse herringbone stitch on the edges of the stems.
You can see the three steps to the satin stitch in the photo. Step one is the outline in a split stitch. Next is a base stitch done inside the outline. Last is the satin stitch done over the first two types of stitches.
The reverse herringbone looks like a backstitch on the top side of the fabric, but underneath the stitches criss cross one another creating a shadow when viewed from the front.
Our group meets this weekend. The next lesson leads us through a variety of filling stitches in the flower petals. More photos when I finish that lesson!