Saturday, June 18, 2011

More Stash

This morning our Dresden Garden group met. We are all at various stages in stitching this project so it is good to get together and share hints and tips. We meet again in July and August and then we need to mail our projects to the instructor sometime in September.

On the way home I stopped at a “new” shop in Osseo. Just Relax ‘n Stitch has been open for about a year now. It’s a small shop but the owners go out of their way to help you find what you need. I was there to pick up a large piece of fabric I ordered for a pattern I had purchased in Kansas City back in April. One of the ladies liked the pattern so much that the shop ordered it!

When I was there the last time I had asked if they stocked any Victoria Sampler charts. They did not, but when I was in today they told me they had ordered several and would have them in the shop as soon as they arrived- which may be awhile as the Canadian postal workers are currently on strike.

Upon arriving home I found a package from Nordic Needle. It was my initial shipment for the Hardanger Christmas Ornament Club. You can see from the photo what was included. This first shipment includes all of the fabric, floss, etc., needed for the full year of patterns and came packaged in a nice zippered pouch. In addition to the instructions for the July ornament, they also included a basic guide for Hardanger and a coupon for Dovo scissors. These ornaments are in two parts. You can either layer them for a nice dimensional look or use them as two individual ornaments.



Now, to find more hours in my day so I can get all of these projects finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment