Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Several Updates



I’ve been away from my computer lately but have been busy with my stitching.

I finished my Master Craftsman counted cross stitch sampler, mailed it in for judging and just had it returned to me. I passed! You had to create a sampler with either family or historical significance. It was fun to do and will be framed soon. The next step in the program is to create and stitch a piece of Assisi embroidery.

 I did some stitching on my huge flag while we were in San Francisco.



I also stitched on a Little House Needleworks project. The blue floss included with the pattern was quite a bit lighter than what I thought went well with the little bed it will be attached to so I found something darker to use.


When I was on the quilt shop hop in August I picked up a few pieces of fabric to go with a numbers chalk book project. My daughter-in-law and I combined our resources and I've been putting together the book. There is a link for the free pattern here. The chalk board fabric requires some careful handling. You need to press your seams but this fabric is very sensitive to heat. I ended up using one of those tiny Clover irons to carefully press the seams. The next step is to make black binding and bind each page like a quilt.



 
This coming weekend I am heading to our Heartland region meeting in Quincy, Illinois. More on that later!

No comments:

Post a Comment