Saturday, May 26, 2012

Still stitching...


It seems like I’m always saying how busy I am! Well, I usually have lots of things going on but I like it that way. I find I don’t get nearly as much accomplished when my days are unscheduled.

This last weekend we had our guild retreat at Camp Wapo in Amery, Wisconsin. If you are anywhere near the area and in need of a retreat spot, this is a great place. You provide your own linens and towels, but they do the cooking. Our building had 12 rooms, each with its own bathroom and shower. We bring treats to share and then have the coffee pot going most of the weekend. The location is idyllic- right on a lake with lots of lovely trees.

We had a great time stitching, chatting and laughing. Here’s a photo of one of the little “surprises” I gave to the retreaters. They are ort boxes and are very easy to assemble. Click here for the directions I used.
I worked on my Mary Wigham. She had been feeling quite ignored lately. I stitched about two and a half motifs and then moved on to work a little more on the grassy area of Whale Hunting. You can’t really see much progress from my last photos so I’ll wait to post a photo update.


I also started a piece designed by ByGone Stitches called One Nation. I must say that I walked right past it at the shop but then saw it framed and it was gorgeous! I walked back to the other side of the store and picked up the chart. It doesn’t look like much yet, but you can get a sense of the size. Sadly, on the day I left for the retreat, I learned that Gail Reinhardt, ByGone Stitches designer, had passed away less than two weeks after her cancer diagnosis. 


I also continued working on my first pair of socks. I knit when my eyes will no longer focus on the evenweaves. I should be finished with the second sock by the next post so will update you then with a photo.

The last couple of days have been spent working on the model I am stitching. I am still really liking the colors and it is turning out very nice, if I do say so myself!

One last thing before I go…By the Bay is starting a fun summertime project. The “prep” is posted now and then each Friday in June there will be a posting of ¼ of the chart. It is a 4 x 6 design so isn’t an overwhelming size. 

OK, one more thing! Don't know how many of you use Pinterest but today I ran across this museum posting that has a lot of wonderful samplers to drool over. Even if you don't have a Pinterest account you should be able to see them.

No comments:

Post a Comment