Sunday, April 15, 2012

Mid April Update


I can’t believe it has been over two weeks since my last post! I’ve been busy with a lot of things that have taken me away from my stitching, but I can update you on the little bits of progress I have made.

I did manage to felt my knitted tote bag and handles, although I have yet to sew the two to each other. This will likely be my last felting project as I have a washer with no agitator. It’s a top loader, which I was told could easily be used to felt, but I found this to not be quite true. After an hour of trying to felt the thing I finally decided it was as felted as it would be. Plus, it made a huge mess in my washer! Ugh!

I worked some on the grass area of my Whale Hunting piece. This is done with one strand in a tent stitch using overdyes. The designer suggested stitching in a random pattern and not in straight rows to help give it a nice grass-like look.


I am still liking the lap frame I showed you last time, although I am finding that sometimes the Q-Snap slips and I have to remove it from the frame and get it set up again. But in the grand scheme I like stitching with it more than stitching without it.

About a week ago I received a package from a designer that contained the fabric and silks for stitching a model for one of her new designs. I’m so excited to be able to do this for her! The fabric is a 40 count and the silk colors are wonderful, in spite of their names: Collard Greens and Lasagne!!

I’ll show you a photo of the silks and fabric, but no photos of the piece because it isn’t published yet! Once it has been published and presented at Market I’ll give you the links for where you can purchase it. 

 
 
I haven’t been able to stitch on “her” for the last few days because I’ve been busy with the annual Textile Center garage sale. This is a crazy annual event with everything textile related you can imagine for sale. I did enhance my personal stash with books, patterns and a couple of new projects. The sale is now over and today is a gray, chilly, damp day. Just perfect for a cup of tea with a side of Lasagne and Collard Greens!

2 comments:

  1. Hello

    Just found your blog through A Gentleman's Samplings.

    Your Wip looks lovely!

    That's a great photo of your Granddaughter, she looks so cute helping you out!
    Thanks for the freebis links in your previous post I'm off to check them out.

    Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope you find something fun to stitch in the freebies post!

      Delete