Saturday, October 8, 2011

A few updates!

I have a few updates for this week. First, I picked up my batik quilt from the machine quilter. I think she did a very nice job of highlighting all of the pieces and curves of the quilt. This is the first time I've had someone machine quilt for me. I tried to take a couple of photos so you could see the details of her machine stitching. My next step is to find just the right binding fabric and get it completely finished.

I have finally finished my Dresden Garden piece! It was my first real attempt at pulled thread so I'm pretty happy with the results. The next step is for our group "leader" to send our completed pieces to the course instructor. She'll look each piece over and then return our pieces along with her evaluation of our stitching. I put the piece on a very dark background for the photo so you could more easily see the open work from all of the pulled stitches.

I am working on another correspondence course that deals with finishing techniques. I want to have those four samples ready to be sent to the instructor within the next two weeks. So far I have started two of those pieces. Look for photos next week when I hope to have at least one, if not both, of them finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment