Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Quilt Expo

This last weekend I made the trip to Madison, Wisconsin for the Quilt Expo. (I'm not sure how long this link will work but you can also find info at Nancy's Notions.) I've wanted to go for several years but it just hasn't worked out with my schedule. My daughter and her family live in Madison so I was able to stay with them, and spend some time with my youngest grandchild, in between my trips to the expo.

Your admission to the expo includes the huge vendor area and quilt exhibit. You are also able to take classes and attend lectures for additional fees. I went to four lectures and an afternoon class. The class was on the Cotton Theory technique for quilting as you go. You can find more info on this technique here. The lectures included wet felting, making a t-shirt quilt, working with color and using your stash in quilts.

The quilts that were on display were fabulous. I'll show just a few of them that tickled my fancy.

I love Baltimore album style quilts and there were a number of them on display.





I thought this was a fun way to do a wedding ring quilt. Each ring included beautiful embroidery and embellishments as you can see in the close-up photo.



This was another favorite. There was so much texture added to this one with the multi-layered flowers.



 

 It was very difficult to take a good photo of this one but I thought it was very unique and well deserving of the ribbon you can see on the bottom right.


If you ever get the chance to attend Quilt Expo it is well worth it!

Next time: a quilted yurt...

No comments:

Post a Comment