It was stitched on 40 count over two with Belle Soie silks. The finished size is roughly 12 x 12 inches.
I am now on to other projects, namely the sampler I am doing for the EGA Master Craftsman program. I selected my colors and have started the outside border. I'm stitching on 36 count over two with a single strand of Weeks Dye Works and The Gentle Arts. After working on 40 count the 36 count seems huge!
This month our EGA chapter did an outreach project at a local library. We've done this for a few years now. We teach two different stitching projects to participants in the library's teen program. I have a couple of photos from the session we did embroidering on jeans pockets to create little purses.
We cut out small pieces of cardboard to slip inside the pockets so the girls wouldn't accidentally stitch through both layers. Some used buttons as an added embellishment. The purses were finished using a long twisted cord that you can see coiled up in the bottom photo.
Another fun thing our guild did this month was our annual Potluck and Stash Reallocation. We all donate our unwanted stash, bring a dish to share and shop for new treasures from the stash of others! All of the money raised goes back to our chapter. I love this annual event and always come home with my share of "new" stash. The only problem is it usually adds to my already full list of projects I want to work on!